Rad Reading-April

For the month of April I read the book “Number the Stars” by Lois Lowry. The book is based in year 1943 the main character is Annemarie johansen. She has a little sister named Kirsti. The book is about Annemarie’s life in Copenhagen. They go through the constant presence of lots of food shortages, stores closing, school shutting down and Nazi soldiers. As the German soldiers relocate to all the Jews of Denmark, the JohanSen’s take care of Annemarie’s best friend, Ellen Rosen, and pretend she is apart of the JohanSen’s family. They live like a normal “family” until they realize more needs to happen in order to save Ellens family and Jewish friends of Denmark. The johansens had a plan and it was to help their Jewish friends escape from the nazis by risking their lives. In this book there is a lot of adventure and bravery. I give this book a 9.4 out of 10 because I liked books that are based on historical things and this is the best historical book I’ve read so far and at first I had low expectations for this book but the more I read the more sucked in I got into this book.